Welcome to episode 196 of F-Stop Collaborate and Listen!
This week on the podcast, I had a wonderful conversation with U.K. Photographer Dan Cook. Dan won an award in the 2014 Landscape Photographer of the Year contest, which was quite early on in his career as a photographer. He works full-time in the construction industry and uses photography as a way to get into the outdoors and escape urbanism.
- How he got into landscape photography,
- His award in the 2014 Landscape Photographer of the Year contest,
- The challenge and dilemma of focusing your passion in photography into a full-time job,
- The psychological challenges within photography,
- Social media's impact on photography,
- Selling prints,
- And much, much more.
Over on Patreon this week, Dan and I discuss his trip to Nepal and the incredible experiences he had photographing that country.
Here are the photographers that Dan recommended on the podcast:
1. Kevin Russ.
2. Ellie Davis.
3. Tom Hegen.
Other items mentioned on the show:
1. Podcast Magazine feature on our show (you have to subscribe for free first).
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. Join the discussion over on Nature Photographer's Network! We have weekly discussions about each episode of the podcast. It's also free! We also have an Instagram page and a Facebook page for updates.
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
As a reminder, you can also support the podcast by shopping at B+H for your photography gear using our Affiliate Link.
Please find a transcript of this week's episode below: