Welcome to episode 208 of F-Stop Collaborate and Listen!
This week I was joined by a photographer from Halifax, Nova Scotia - Krista McCuish.
Krista has lived a life filled with a variety of interests, jobs and curiosities which she has leveraged and turned inwards into the creation of some very personally expressive photographs of intimate subjects very close to home.
Krista has an innate ability to bring her experiences as an attentive observer of nature into the creation of some really wonderful nature photography. Krista and I covered a lot of ground on the show this week, including:
- How Krista's backgrounds and interests inform her creative process.
- Krista's home studio which is filled with natural curiosities.
- How Krista's approach to photographing close to home has inspired her to create her photographs.
- How and why Krista shows a sense of mystery and wonder through her images.
- And lots more!
Over on Patreon this week, Krista answers the question, "do we always need to be highly productive and have a presence on social media to feel accomplished?"
Be sure to scroll down to see all of Krista's amazing photographs!
Here's who Krista recommended for the podcast this week:
Other items mentioned on the show:
2. Exclusive 1:1 Experiences with Matt Payne.
3. Workshops with Gary Randall.
4. Our Magnificent Planet Book from LensWork.
6. OnLandscape Magazine feature of Krista.
Support the show on Patreon.
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. Join the discussion over on Nature Photographer's Network! We have weekly discussions about each episode of the podcast. It's also free! We also have an Instagram page and a Facebook page for updates.
We also have a searchable transcript of every episode!
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
As a reminder, you can also support the podcast by shopping at B+H for your photography gear using our Affiliate Link.
Please find a transcript of this week's episode below: