Welcome to episode 202 of F-Stop Collaborate and Listen!This week I was joined by the winner of the 2020 Epson Pano Awards, Matt Jackisch.
Matt is a nature photographer residing in Vancouver, British Columbia. When he is not out chasing light with his camera, he is mitigating risk over the skies of BC as an Air Traffic Controller. It was not until embarking on extensive travels that Matt gained a true appreciation for exploration and the rugged beauty of mother nature. Upon returning, he viewed the Pacific Northwest with a completely new perspective and has since set out to tell its story through creative imagery. Like me, Matt enjoys venturing into remote areas and capturing these places rarely seen by most people.
Matt and I covered some very interesting topics this week, including:
- Art and intention in landscape photography,
- Subjectivity in landscape photography competitions,
- The direction of landscape photography,
- Drones and the creative process,
- The devastating effects of climate change and our role as photographers,
- The sensationalization of reality and sacrificing of authenticity for popularity in landscape photography,
- And lots more!
Over on Patreon this week, Matt and I discuss the advantages of NOT "going pro" as a landscape photographer.
Here's who Matt recommended for the podcast this week:
Other items mentioned on the show:
- Natural Landscape Photography Awards
- 60-day Trial to Nature Photographer's Network.
- Wilderness Podcast episode.
Support the show on Patreon.
Be sure to scroll down to see Matt's amazing landscape photography!
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. Join the discussion over on Nature Photographer's Network! We have weekly discussions about each episode of the podcast. It's also free! We also have an Instagram page and a Facebook page for updates.
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
As a reminder, you can also support the podcast by shopping at B+H for your photography gear using our Affiliate Link.
Please find a transcript of this week's episode below: