The journey of nature photography can be amazing. Through it, we can learn to be better humans. Such is the case for today's guest of my podcast, Nic Stover. Nic has successfully managed to grow his online and physical photography business by aligning his core values and focusing on what really matters to him.
On this week's episode, we discuss:
- How Nic has found a way to differentiate himself by aligning his core values.
- Why Nic isn't on social media and how he promotes his business instead.
- Finding the right framework to evaluate your creative journey.
- Lessons learned from his experience being in a gallery and being critiqued at FotoFest.
- How Nic has carved out a niche presenting to camera clubs and what he's learned along the way.
- Having a professional mindset.
- Nic's website, Nature Photography Classes and the Speaker Series - use the code "FSTOP" for a discount!
- How Nic is giving back through The Inspired Creator.
- And a lot more!
Other topics/links discussed on the podcast this week:
- Support the podcast on Patreon.
- The Natural Landscape Photography Awards.
- The Wallas Model for Creativity.
- The Artist Way by Julia Cameron.
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield.
- The E-Myth book.
- Watch podcast episodes on YouTube, where we overlay photos with our conversation via video.
Here is who Nic recommended on the podcast this week:
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. We also have an Instagram page, a Facebook Page, and a Facebook Group - so don't be shy!
We also have a searchable transcript of every episode!
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
P.S. you can also support the podcast by purchasing items through our B+H affiliate link.
Scroll down to see more of Nic's photography.