Dark skies are an important part of the natural world and are paramount in the success of every night photographer that exists. As such, it was a fabulous honor to discuss an appreciation of dark skies, night photography, and many other subjects with the guest of this week's episode of the F-Stop Collaborate and Listen podcast.
This week on the podcast I had the pleasure of speaking with a fellow night photographer hailing from the great State of California, Marsha Kirschbaum.
On this week's episode, we discuss:
- Why Marsha has chosen to specialize in night photography,
- How Marsha got her start in photography,
- How night photography sparks curiosity in the natural world,
- Light pollution's impact on dark skies and nature,
- Safety and night photography,
- Equipment for night photography,
- Digital art and night photography,
- And a lot more!
Other topics/links discussed on the podcast this week:
- Join me over on Nature Photographer's Network.
- Fenix Headlamp.
- Sony A7R4.
- International Dark Sky Association.
- Support the podcast on Patreon.
Here is who Marsha recommended on the podcast this week:
- Jan Maguire.
- Pam Dorner.
- Becky Jaffe.
- Nancy Wright.
- Rick Whitacre.
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. We also have an Instagram page, a Facebook Page, and a Facebook Group - so don't be shy!
Did you also know we have listener after-parties on Twitter Spaces? This is a great opportunity to interact with other listeners, guests, and the host (when I can) regarding your thoughts on the episode.
We also have a searchable transcript of every episode!
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
P.S. you can also support the podcast by purchasing items through our B+H affiliate link.
Scroll down to see more of Marsha's work!