Welcome to episode 255 of F-Stop Collaborate and Listen!
This week on the podcast, I was joined by a photographer and film-maker who lives in California but travels internationally to focus on projects of personal importance - Ashlei Payne.
I was fortunate to meet Ashlei recently when I was photographing in Death Valley and she was recommended to us by former guest Talor Stone, who she is partnering with on an upcoming project in Greenland.
On this week's episode we discuss:
- Ashlei's start in photography,
- The differences and similarities between filmmaking and landscape photography,
- Creating personal projects that are personally meaningful,
- Her and Talor's project to document the impact of tourism on indigenous cultures in Greenland,
- And a lot more!
Here's who Ashlei recommended for the podcast this week:
Other items mentioned on the show this week:
1. Support the podcast on Patreon.
2. Join me at Out of Chicago LIVE! 2022.
3. Support Ashlei and Talor on Kickstarter.
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. We also have an Instagram page, a Facebook Page, and a Facebook Group - so don't be shy!
Did you also know we have listener after-parties? This is a great opportunity to interact with other listeners, guests, and the host (when I can) regarding your thoughts on the episode.
We also have a searchable transcript of every episode!
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
P.S. you can also support the podcast by purchasing items through our B+H affiliate link.
Please find a transcript of this week's episode below: