Welcome to episode 165 of the F-Stop Collaborate and Listen podcast.
This week's episode comes to you from the Out of Chicago LIVE event that I took part in back in April. I moderated a panel discussion about night / astro-photography with some great panelists, including Royce Bair, Ian Norman, Diana Southern, Mike Taylor, and Chris Nicholson.
It was a really fun panel discussion, in my opinion. We discussed some fun topics, including:
- How to make night photography unique, creative, and relevant.
- Favorite tricks and techniques for night photography.
- Astro-photography from home.
- Artificial light bans in National Parks.
- Ethical considerations for night photography.
- Starlink satellites and their impact on the night sky.
- ... and much, much more
I hope you enjoy our conversation!
Other items mentioned on the show:
1. Out of Chicago LIVE recordings.
2. Michael Rung's YouTube videos.
3. Michael Rung's Lightroom workshops.
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. Join the discussion over on Nature Photographer's Network! We have weekly discussions about each episode of the podcast. It's also free! We also have an Instagram page and a Facebook page for updates.
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
As a reminder, you can also support the podcast by shopping at B+H for your photography gear using our Affiliate Link.
Please find a transcript of today's episode below: