Collaborating with Interior Designers as Photographers
Welcome to episode 179 of the F-Stop Collaborate and Listen podcast.
For this week's episode of the podcast I sat down and had a long conversation with a wonderful interior designer living in Denver, Colorado - Nicoli Alexander.
Nicoli frequently collaborates with artists of all types and has a great deal of insight as to how to best engage with other creatives to collaborate and work together on a project.
Nicoli and I discuss some interesting topics this week, including:
- How Nicoli got into interior design.
- How photographers can collaborate with interior designers.
- How COVID-19 has inspired him and other artists to work collaboratively.
- ... and more!
Over on Patreon this week, Nicoli answers several listener questions from our Facebook Group, including:
- How do interior designers choose between stock photography vs. working directly with photographers?
- What % of interior designers' process is tied to artwork?
- How well do abstract or more intimate subjects work for interior design projects?
- How can landscape photographers work with interior designers to combine various themed art?
- What photography presentation mediums are "in style" for interior designers?
- What sources do you use to find new artists to work with?
- How can landscape photographers inspire interior designers to use more nature photography?
You can follow Nicoli on Instagram too.
I hope you enjoy our conversations!
Here are the people that Nicoli recommended listeners check out:
1. Lindz and Lamb at Business Like-minded.
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. Join the discussion over on Nature Photographer's Network! We have weekly discussions about each episode of the podcast. It's also free! We also have an Instagram page and a Facebook page for updates.
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
As a reminder, you can also support the podcast by shopping at B+H for your photography gear using our Affiliate Link.
Here is a transcript to this week's episode: