Welcome to episode 254 of F-Stop Collaborate and Listen with your host Matt Payne.
This week on the podcast, I was joined by a landscape photographer living near the Sonoroan Desert of Arizona - Peter Coskun.
Peter and I have been online acquaintances for many years and have several mutual friends. I've long appreciated his photography and I've found that our personal styles have evolved similarly throughout the years.
On this week's episode we discuss:
- Peter's journey into photography,
- Peter's attempt at becoming a full-time professional and the lessons he learned along the way,
- The pros and cons of being a full-time professional photographer,
- Appreciation of place and moment in landscape photography,
- Taking risks and stepping outside of our comfort zones,
- Selling prints in landscape photography,
- Confidence as photographers and entering competitions,
- And a lot more!
Over on Patreon this week, Peter and I discuss the evolution of his post-processing style over the years, what has been behind that shift, and how he has thought about how he edits his work. To listen to this bonus episode and almost 200 others, simply support the podcast on Patreon for as little as $5 per month - it really does help. Thank you!
Here's who Peter recommended for the podcast this week:
Other items mentioned on the show:
1. Support the podcast on Patreon.
2. Join me at Out of Chicago LIVE! 2022.
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. We also have an Instagram page, a Facebook Page, and a Facebook Group - so don't be shy!
Did you also know we have listener after-parties? This is a great opportunity to interact with other listeners, guests, and the host (when I can) regarding your thoughts on the episode.
We also have a searchable transcript of every episode!
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
P.S. you can also support the podcast by purchasing items through our B+H affiliate link.
Please find a transcript of this week's episode below: