Welcome to episode 163 of the F-Stop Collaborate and Listen podcast.
This week's episode features a landscape and architecture photographer living in Orange County, California. Nick Carver has been entrenched in photography since 2006 when he dove head first into business side of photography where he was met with many challenges. Nick almost gave up after several years of teaching for people on Craigslist until he made some difficult realizations about his work... Nick and I had a wonderful conversation this week and covered a wide variety of topics, including:
- His beginnings in photography.
- How he transitioned into architecture photography to make money.
- How he looked at his work and made some painful realizations that almost caused him to quit.
- His path of soul-searching and why he actually makes photographs.
- The resurgence in film photography.
- His YouTube channel (which is highly entertaining).
- ... and much, much more
I hope you enjoy our conversation!
Here is who Nick recommended for the podcast:
1. Carlos Beltran.
Other items mentioned on the show:
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. Join the discussion over on Nature Photographer's Network! We have weekly discussions about each episode of the podcast. It's also free! We also have an Instagram page and a Facebook page for updates.
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
As a reminder, you can also support the podcast by shopping at B+H for your photography gear using our Affiliate Link.
Please find a transcript of today's episode below: