Welcome to Episode 147 of the F-Stop Collaborate and Listen podcast. This week's episode features a sales coach known as "The Sales Maven" - Nikki Rausch.
After 25 years of experience selling in the corporate world, Nikki decided to trade in her road warrior status so she could help others sell in a way that builds relationships, creates true connection, and results in more closed deals and long-term clients. Now, as a sales coach, author, speaker and founder of Sales Maven, Nikki transforms the misunderstood process of “selling” into techniques, tools, and tips that can be successfully incorporated into a process that can be replicated by you. When she's not helping business owners move their clients along the 'Selling Staircase', Nikki enjoys taking in all the beauty that living in the Pacific Northwest affords her.
Stay tuned because I think all artists will gain something practical from this episode.
Nikki and I covered a wide variety of topics this week, including:
- How to sell your artwork without feeling sleazy or slimy.
- The five steps of the "Selling Staircase":
- How to create a positive first impression
- Creating curiosity
- Delivering the high-end proposal
- Recognizing and responding to the buying signal
- Nikki's free e-book called "Closing the sale, which will help you uncover why you might be fumbling sales opportunities and what to do instead, how you can establish yourself as the expert, and language to use when asking for the sale.
Over on Patreon this week, Nikki and I talk about an idea that will help you grow your client base and provide a product to them that is very unique to you. Head over to patreon.com/fstopandlisten for more info on how you can support the podcast and get bonus content at the same time.
Please consider supporting the podcast on Patreon! There's a ton of bonus content over there for subscribers!
Here is who Nikki recommended for the podcast:
1. Melina Palmer - The Brainy Business.
Other items mentioned on the show:
1. Out of Moab Conference - use the code "PAYNE" for $250 off until Feb. 28.
2. Out of Acadia Conference - use the code "PAYNE" for $250 off until Feb. 28.
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. Join the discussion over on Nature Photographer's Network! We have weekly discussions about each episode of the podcast. It's also free! We also have an Instagram page and a Facebook page for updates.
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
As a reminder, you can also support the podcast by shopping at B+H for your photography gear using our Affiliate Link.
Please find a transcript of today's podcast episode below: