Welcome to Episode 146 of the F-Stop Collaborate and Listen podcast.
This week's episode features an incredible aerial and commercial photographer, Toby Harriman.
Toby and I covered a wide variety of topics this week, including:
- How he went from graphic web design to photography.
- Choosing a direction in photography.
- The business of photography.
- Mental health as it relates to being a full-time photographer.
- Labels for types of artists.
- Instagram's latest attempt at censorship for digital artists.
- The ethics and considerations around photo staging.
- His Myanmar project.
- and a lot more...
Over on Patreon this week, Toby and I talk about the evolution of photography platforms and how they need to provide value.
Please consider supporting the podcast on Patreon! There's a ton of bonus content over there for subscribers!
Here are the photographers Toby recommended for the podcast:
1. Jaron Schneider.
2. Matthew Lavin.
3. Paul Nicklin.
Other items mentioned on the show:
2. Out of Moab Conference - use the code "PAYNE" for $250 off until Feb. 28.
3. Out of Acadia Conference - use the code "PAYNE" for $250 off until Feb. 28.
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. Join the discussion over on Nature Photographer's Network! We have weekly discussions about each episode of the podcast. It's also free! We also have an Instagram page and a Facebook page for updates.
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
As a reminder, you can also support the podcast by shopping at B+H for your photography gear using our Affiliate Link.
Please find a transcript of today's podcast episode below: