Creating unique nature photography is easier said than done. That's why I was excited for this week's podcast episode.
This week on the podcast, I was joined by none other than Theo Bosboom. Theo's nature photography is widely regarded as being some of the best coming out of the Netherlands and so it was a real honor to get him onto the podcast. Our conversation dives deep into Theo's history and path into photography and how he is able to create unique and visually-complex images.
On this week's episode, we also discuss:
- Theo's journey into photography as a former lawyer,
- How Theo approaches creating unique photographs,
- How Theo manages to raise two children as a full-time photographer,
- Why Theo has moved towards a preference for more intimate work,
- Theo's project submission in the Natural Landscape Photography Awards,
- And a lot more!
Other topics discussed on the podcast this week:
- Pre-order Theo's book.
- Theo is offering a discount on his "Shaped by the Sea" book using the discount code 'podcast'
- Entering the Natural Landscape Photography Awards.
- Join me over on Nature Photographer's Network.
- NLPA Critique Session with Sandra Bartocha.
- NLPA Critique Session with Alex Noriega.
- Support the podcast on Patreon.
Here is who Theo recommended on the podcast this week:
If you enjoyed the conversation with Theo, you can join us for a long bonus recording over on Patreon all about copyright. Since Theo is a former lawyer, I thought it might be great to talk to him about this particular topic in detail. For as little as $5 per month, you can support the podcast on Patreon and check out over 190 bonus episodes. For $10 a month you can get early access to our episodes.
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. We also have an Instagram page, a Facebook Page, and a Facebook Group - so don't be shy!
Did you also know we have listener after-parties on Twitter Spaces? This is a great opportunity to interact with other listeners, guests, and the host (when I can) regarding your thoughts on the episode.
We also have a searchable transcript of every episode!
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
P.S. you can also support the podcast by purchasing items through our B+H affiliate link.
Scroll down to see more of Theo's work!