Welcome to episode 162 of the F-Stop Collaborate and Listen podcast.
This week's episode features a photographer hailing from Salt Lake City, Utah - he's a great guy and a supporter of the show. Our guest is an absolute master of drone photography, including cityscapes, landscapes, architecture, night-time, and everything in between. We had a wonderful time chatting all about drones. Without further ado, welcome Drew Armstrong to the show! Drew and I had a wonderful conversation this week and dove deep into the world of drones, including:
- Why Drew likes using drones for his photography.
- How to choose a drone for your photography.
- Getting a Part 107 License for drone photography.
- How to deal with people yelling at you while piloting.
- What to do about losing or crashing your drone.
- Governmental regulations around drone photography.
- ... and much, much more
Over on Patreon this week, Drew shares his experience raising his transgender son and how that has impacted his photography work.
I hope you enjoy our conversation!
Here are the people Drew recommended for the podcast:
1. Kirk Keyes.
3. Jahn Muracki.
4. Vic Moss.
Other items mentioned on the show:
1. Out of Moab. Use the code, "PAYNE" for $250 off.
2. Out of Acadia. Use the code, "PAYNE" for $250 off.
3. Gary Randall Kenai Peninsula Workshops.
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. Join the discussion over on Nature Photographer's Network! We have weekly discussions about each episode of the podcast. It's also free! We also have an Instagram page and a Facebook page for updates.
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
As a reminder, you can also support the podcast by shopping at B+H for your photography gear using our Affiliate Link.
Find a transcript of today's episode below: