Welcome to episode 041 of the F-Stop Collaborate and Listen podcast with Utah-based landscape photographer Eric Bennett! I've been a huge fan of Eric's photography for quite a long time. Eric also might be one of the funniest guys I've ever chatted with online - his sense of humor is incredible, and I think it translated nicely onto the podcast format. Eric has been recommended to be on the podcast by many photographers and I think if you've never seen his work before, you should go take a look immediately - it is world class!
Eric and I covered some great topics this week, including:
- How Eric got into Landscape Photography
- How photography can help preserve our wilderness
- Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument
- Becoming a full-time professional photographer and the concept that money is the result of the cause and not the cause of the result
- The pros and cons of travelling for long amounts of time as a photographer
- Collaboration vs. competition
Special announcements: Please consider supporting the podcast on Patreon! Let’s keep the conversations going! I recently set a goal of $1,000 in monthly contributions which I will use to seed a $1,000 landscape conversation award. This will only be possible if people contribute on Patreon!
Lastly, I am happy to announce that I'm now a Formatt-Hitech filter ambassador. Listeners to the podcast get 10% off their order if they use the code "PAYNE10" - thanks for supporting the podcast!
To learn more about Eric:
Here are the artists that Eric would like to hear on the podcast:
Some examples of Eric's photography can be seen below.
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via email, Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. You can also join the conversation on our Facebook Group.