I have a deep respect for photographers who set out to do their own thing unabashedly. One such photographer is Joel Hazelton, who is widely known by his fellow Arizona landscape photographers as having one of the most prolific and unique Arizona portfolios around. As such, I was truly honored to host Joel on the podcast this week to discuss his journey into landscape photography and his approach for creating his unique images.
On this week's episode, we discuss:
- Joel's passion for the State of Arizona,
- Joel's drive to get his work published in Arizona Highways Magazine,
- Joel's favorite excursions into Arizona's backcountry,
- Joel's methods for creating unique images,
- The challenges and rewards of pre-visualization and planning,
- And a lot more!
Other topics discussed on the podcast this week:
- Join Gary Randall for a Caddo Lake workshop.
- Arizona Highways Photoscapes.
- Leave us a message on Podinbox!
- Support the podcast on Patreon.
Here is who Joel recommended on the podcast this week:
If you enjoyed the conversation with Joel, you can find our bonus recording over on Patreon where we discuss the linkage between software engineering and photography, and Joel shares some stories from the field.
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. We also have an Instagram page, a Facebook Page, and a Facebook Group - so don't be shy!
Did you also know we have listener after-parties on Twitter Spaces? This is a great opportunity to interact with other listeners, guests, and the host (when I can) regarding your thoughts on the episode.
We also have a searchable transcript of every episode!
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
P.S. you can also support the podcast by purchasing items through our B+H affiliate link.
Scroll down to see more of Joel's work!