We are back with our third installment of the Artists Asking Artists Series on the F-Stop Collaborate and Listen Podcast.
This week's podcast, Episode 289, features two of my favorite nature and landscape photographers, Guy Tal and Alex Noriega. When I first conceived of the idea of creating this series for the podcast, Guy and Alex were the first two photographers that came to my mind knowing that Guy has been such an inspiration to Alex and both of them have been such a huge inspiration to me. I honestly believe this might be one of my favorite episodes of the podcast ever recorded, so I think you will really enjoy it! Alex did a wonderful job coming up with questions for Guy and Guy was an amazingly humble and generous guest, as always.
On this week's episode, we discuss:
- Suffering, depression, and artistry,
- Choosing to live close to nature,
- The importance of confidence as photographers,
- How Guy developed his connection to Utah,
- Equivalence in nature photography,
- Grand Landscapes and creativity,
- Leaving a more meaningful life through photography,
- The relationship of money and creativity,
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and landscape photography,
- Perfectionism in landscape photography,
- And a lot more!
Relevant links discussed on the podcast this week:
- Support the podcast on Patreon.
- The Dark Side of Creativity book.
- Books by Guy Tal (listeners get 10% off anything in Guy's store using the code FSTOP10).
- Editing tutorials from Alex Noriega (Patreon supporters get 20% off by reaching out to Matt via Patreon).
- Seeking Questions gallery on Guy's website.
- The Whole Earth Catalog.
- Desert Images Book by Edward Abbey and David Muench.
Here are the photographers that inspire both Guy and Alex (not an exhaustive list):
- Michael Gordon.
- Gregory Crewdson.
- Edward Burtynsky.
- Nick Brandt.
- Charles Cramer.
- William Neill.
- Chris Burkett.
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. We also have an Instagram page, a Facebook Page, and a Facebook Group - so don't be shy!
We also have a searchable transcript of every episode!
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
P.S. you can also support the podcast by purchasing items through our B+H affiliate link.
Scroll down to see more of Guy and Alex's amazing photography!