One of the great mysteries for artists is monetization. Two paths of monetization often overlooked include print on demand services and art licensing. Each can represent a large amount of income if leveraged well, yet so many of us have not cracked the code to be able to do so.
Today's guest on the F-Stop Collaborate and Listen Podcast, Cat Coquillette, has mastered the art of art licensing and selling via print on demand. While Cat's not a landscape photographer, she has invaluable wisdom and provides us with a huge amount of information and inspiration to go forth and prosper. Her artwork is on products in Target, Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, and more.
On this week's episode, we discuss:
- Cat's journey as an artist what led her to where she's at now.
- Transitioning from a full-time job into a full-time hustle.
- Print on demand platforms and how to use them.
- Making a living by licensing artwork.
- The nuts and bolts of art licensing.
- What inspires Cat's artwork.
- Artist retreats.
- Cat's online classes for creatives.
- Teaching platforms like Skillshare.
- Passive income streams.
- Drawing prompts and more resources for artists.
- And a lot more!
On Patreon this week, Cat shares what her digital nomad lifestyle is like if anyone is curious about doing the same thing.
Other topics/links discussed on the podcast this week:
- Support the podcast on Patreon.
- Never Split the Difference: Negotiating as if Your Life Depended on It by Chris Voss.
- Cat's PDF for creative entrepreneurs.
- Procreate drawing app.
- Watch podcast episodes on YouTube, where we overlay photos with our conversation via video.
Here is who Cat recommended on the podcast this week:
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. We also have an Instagram page, a Facebook Page, and a Facebook Group - so don't be shy!
We also have a searchable transcript of every episode!
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
P.S. you can also support the podcast by purchasing items through our B+H affiliate link.
Scroll down to see more of Cat's awesome artwork!