Welcome to episode 228 of the F-Stop Collaborate and Listen podcast!This week on the podcast I was joined by James Rodewald.
James is a photographer and science teacher residing in the State of New York. He started his photographic journey back in the early 1980s with a 35-mm film camera. Although his portfolio of film and digital work spans many years, one can see a few common themes emerge. One of those central themes is a long-term attempt to capture scenes of the natural world seemingly untouched by humanity: nature in its natural state.
- Balancing art with a full-time career and parenthood
- Using meditation to help channel creativity on a busy schedule
- Finding ongoing inspiration in local subjects
- Finding ongoing inspiration while returning to frequented locations and or familiar subjects
- Your photographic nemesis -- Identifying what draws you to a subject but yet evades your ability to record or express it
- Supporting conservation efforts through photography
- And a lot more!
Here's who James recommended for the podcast this week:
- Chris Murray
- Paulo Valdivia
- Eric Erleubeusch
- Saikat Chakraborty
- Karen Waller
- Marianthi Lainas
- Huibo Hou
- Ami Vitale
Other items mentioned on the show:
1. Nature Photographer's Network Special Offer.
2. James Rodewald's Animal Abstracts Book.
3. Matt Payne's Private 1:1 Photography Workshops.
4. Charity Watch.
Support the show on Patreon.
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. Join the discussion over on Nature Photographer's Network! We have weekly discussions about each episode of the podcast. It's also free! We also have an Instagram page and a Facebook page for updates.
We also have a searchable transcript of every episode!
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
As a reminder, you can also support the podcast by shopping at B+H for your photography gear using our Affiliate Link.