Welcome to Episode 082 of the F-Stop Collaborate and Listen podcast with Jannick Clausen!
Jannick is an accredited master photographer based in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. He is also the 2016 AIPP Australian Landscape Photographer of the Year. Jannick and I have been trying to get him on the podcast for months and we were finally able to get over the time zone hurdle and make it happen. It was such a great conversation, I'm sure you will agree!
We covered some great topics this week, including:
1. Submitting photos to contests. Here is a link to the AIPP judging videos.
2. The importance of belonging to a professional photography institution.
3. Jannick's dad's struggle and death from cancer and how that influenced his photography.
4. Leave No Trace Principles.
5. Using Capture One Pro to edit photos. You can use the code "AMBCLAUSEN" to get 10% off Capture One Pro.
Please consider supporting the podcast on Patreon! There's a ton of bonus content over there for subscribers! Your support is critical - it helps with production costs and to improve the podcast over time. Thanks! Even $1/mo helps a lot!
Over on Patreon this week, Jannick and I talked about the pros and cons of shooting locally vs. travelling.
To learn more about Jannick, check out his online presence:
Here are the photographers that Jannick recommended for the podcast:
1. Michael Smith.
2. David Evans.
3. Tony Hewitt.
Some examples of Jannick's photography can be seen below.
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. You can also join the conversation on our Facebook Group! We've also started an Instagram page and a Facebook page for the podcast, where we'll be sharing updates as we go!