Welcome to episode 247 of F-Stop Collaborate and Listen with your host Matt Payne.
John Paul was steeped in the classical American tradition of Landscape Photography at an early age, and he has since made a name for himself by blending his photography with a variety of other artforms, both digital and analog. On this week's episode we discuss:
- John Paul's journey into photography and how he has strived to differentiate himself as an artist,
- The difference between what art "is" and what it "is about,"
- Discovering the extraordinary in the ordinary through photography,
- Finding our voice as artists (and is that even a thing?),
- And a lot more!
Over on Patreon this week, join John Paul and I as we discuss his pursuit of studying creativity, how he has gone about doing it, and how it has helped him as an artist.
Here's who John Paul recommended for the podcast this week:
Other items mentioned on the show:
1. Support the podcast on Patreon.
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. We also have an Instagram page, a Facebook Page, and a Facebook Group - so don't be shy!
Did you also know we have listener after-parties on Clubhouse? This is a great opportunity to interact with other listeners, guests, and the host (when I can) regarding your thoughts on the episode.
We also have a searchable transcript of every episode!
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.