The journey of a new photographer can take many paths, but it is in our early years that the foundation is developed and the direction of our work begins. As such, I had an awesome time talking with these week's guest on episode 266 of the F-Stop Collaborate and Listen podcast about his journey as a new landscape photographer.
I was joined by a photographer who is relatively new to photography who has impressed me quite a bit in the way he openly and passionately talks about the craft from his position of being an amateur - Devin Rogers.
Devin hails from Temecula, California and it has become apparent to me that he has a deep passion for the outdoors and that he will be a name we will be keeping an eye on for a long time. We had a great chat this week and I think you'll enjoy where we take the conversation.
On this week's episode, we also discuss:
- How Devin has approached his development as a new photographer,
- Devin's thought process about the concept of art and photography,
- How Devin looks at his own work and other photographers' work through the lens of art,
- How Devin has approached developing his processing skills,
- The types of images that Devin enjoys creating,
- Why Devin feels inspired to make images that represent reality,
- Devin's approach to balancing full-time work with his passion for photography,
- And a lot more!
Other topics discussed on the podcast this week:
- Support the show on Patreon.
- Desert Solitaire by Edward Abbey.
- Landscape Photographer Discord Channel.
Here is who Devin recommended on the podcast this week:
On Patreon this week, Devin and I talk about why we think the wide angle grand landscape image gets a bad rap. You can listen to this bonus episode and over 190 others by joining your peers in supporting the show financially on Patreon.
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. We also have an Instagram page, a Facebook Page, and a Facebook Group - so don't be shy!
Did you also know we have listener after-parties on Twitter Spaces? This is a great opportunity to interact with other listeners, guests, and the host (when I can) regarding your thoughts on the episode.
We also have a searchable transcript of every episode!
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
P.S. you can also support the podcast by purchasing items through our B+H affiliate link.
Scroll down to see more of Devin's excellent photographs!