Welcome to episode 246 of F-Stop Collaborate and Listen with your host Matt Payne.
This week on the podcast I was joined by Kurt Budliger - a full-time professional photographer from Vermont.
I've had the pleasure of knowing Kurt for several years and have always admired his photography, positive attitude, and work ethic. Kurt and I had a fantastic chat on the podcast this week discussing his journey, how he balances full-time landscape photography with family life, and how his experience as an outdoor environmental educator has impacted his career in photography.
On this week's episode we discuss:
- Kurt's journey into photography coming from the world of outdoor environmental education and a middle school teacher,
- Knowing about the landscape and how it enhances our photographs,
- Balancing work and family as a full-time landscape photographer,
- Kurt's love affair with trees,
- Staying creative in a world of iconic images and homogeneity,
- And a lot more!
Over on Patreon this week, Kurt and I discuss why it is important to go outside of our comfort zones and what that looks like.
Here's who Kurt recommended for the podcast this week:
Other items mentioned on the show:
1. Support the podcast on Patreon.
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. We also have an Instagram page, a Facebook Page, and a Facebook Group - so don't be shy!
Did you also know we have listener after-parties on Clubhouse? This is a great opportunity to interact with other listeners, guests, and the host (when I can) regarding your thoughts on the episode.
We also have a searchable transcript of every episode!
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
Please find a transcript of this week's episode below: