Mixing family and photography isn't always easy. Today's guest on the F-Stop Collaborate and Listen Podcast, Dorin Bofan, recently became a new father and has been grappling with the realities of spending less time in the field as a landscape photographer. Dorin is based in Romania, deep in the heart of Transylvania, and makes personally-expressive images of his home country.
On this week's episode, we discuss:
- How Dorin got into photography.
- What it is like living in Transylvania as a landscape photographer.
- Dorin's approach to making more personally-expressive images.
- The differences between documentary photography and nature photography.
- Why Dorin makes photographs.
- Balancing family and photography.
- Living a more sustainable lifestyle as a photographer.
- The way in which Dorin organizes his work on his website.
- And a lot more!
If you enjoyed our conversation, you can listen to our bonus episode on Patreon where Dorin and I discuss his adventure of running an entire mountain range in 25 hours.
Other topics/links discussed on the podcast this week:
- Support the podcast on Patreon.
- Watch podcast episodes on YouTube, where we overlay photos with our conversation via video.
Here is who Dorin recommended on the podcast this week:
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. We also have an Instagram page, a Facebook Page, and a Facebook Group - so don't be shy!
We also have a searchable transcript of every episode!
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
P.S. you can also support the podcast by purchasing items through our B+H affiliate link.
Scroll down to see more of Dorin's photography.