I created my Nature & Landscape Photography podcast, "F-Stop Collaborate and Listen" in April, 2017. The first thing I did was to create a list of interesting and inspirational photographers I wanted to talk with on my podcast, and one of the first names I added to that list was Marc Adamus.
Marc probably does not need an introduction for most of our listeners; however, it is safe to say that he has become a modern icon in the landscape photography community. His style of photography has inspired and propelled many other photographers, including myself. Marc's influence popularized the fantastical and dreamy look that has become mainstream over the past decade, much to the chagrin of old school practitioners and the excitement of up-and-coming digital artists. It is safe to say that Marc single-handedly revolutionized landscape photography as we know it.
As such, it was a great honor to have him join us for our 300th episode of the podcast, and the 4th iteration of our "Artists Asking Artists" series.
I am incredibly thankful for my friend Rajesh Jyothiswaran, who joined me on today's special episode with Marc. Rajesh recruited Marc for this podcast episode and I'm so happy he was able to!
On this week's episode, we discuss:
- Marc's childhood and how he found himself in landscape photography,
- Marc's obsession with weather maps,
- How Marc has pushed the artform of landscape photography,
- Marc's various travel experiences and the story of how he severely injured himself on a glacier,
- How Marc identifies new places to photograph,
- Safety and security concerns in the areas he photographs,
- Logistics involved in his exotic workshop offerings,
- How Galen Rowell was an inspiration to him,
- Marc's home life and relationship with his wife and son,
- How and why Marc edits his photographs the way he does,
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and landscape photography,
- And a lot more!
Other topics/links discussed on the podcast this week:
- Support the podcast on Patreon.
- Join me over on Nature Photographer's Network and use the code "FSTOP10" for a 10% discount!
Here is who Marc recommended on the podcast this week:
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. We also have an Instagram page, a Facebook Page, and a Facebook Group - so don't be shy!
We also have a searchable transcript of every episode!
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
P.S. you can also support the podcast by purchasing items through our B+H affiliate link.
Scroll down to see more of Marc's photography.