It happens to the best of us - we lose our mojo in landscape photography and can't figure out how to find it again. Fortunately there is a simple cure for this...
In this week's podcast episode, I had a fantastic time speaking with one of my favorite UK landscape photographers, Lizzie Shepherd. We eventually do discuss losing our mojo but we also talk about how this is actually not a bad thing. Our chat covers a lot of important ground and it was a true delight speaking with Lizzie about her approach to making images. I highly recommend this podcast.
On this week's episode, we discuss:
- Lizzie's journey into photography.
- Going a long time without taking images and how to get back into it.
- Cross-country skiing in Norway.
- Why Scotland is one of Lizzie's favorite places to photograph.
- Our role as photographers in protecting and promoting nature.
- Using social media as a photographer.
- Approaches to teaching workshops.
- Intimate vs. grand scenic approaches to making images.
- And a lot more!
If you enjoyed our chat, we did a whole bonus episode on Patreon about print sales in the UK and our approaches to open vs. limited edition prints.
Other topics/links discussed on the podcast this week:
- Support the podcast on Patreon.
- Join me over on Nature Photographer's Network and use the code "FSTOP10" for a 10% discount!
- Watch podcast episodes on YouTube.
Here is who Lizzie recommended on the podcast this week:
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. We also have an Instagram page, a Facebook Page, and a Facebook Group - so don't be shy!
We also have a searchable transcript of every episode!
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
P.S. you can also support the podcast by purchasing items through our B+H affiliate link.
Scroll down to see more of Lizzie's photography.