Photographing Mongolia - A Lifetime of Cultural Immersion
Immersing ourselves in other cultures can be a very rewarding experience and can dramatically improve our photography.
On today's episode, I had a blast speaking with Kevin Pepper, a Canadian photographer and fellow Muench Workshops instructor. Kevin and I first met on my first trip with Muench last year to Antarctica and we really hit it off. I became deeply interested in his passion for Mongolia, which was largely the focus of today's podcast.
On this week's episode, we discuss:
- How Kevin transitioned from working for Autotrader.com to being a FT photography instructor.
- Kevin's deep immersion into the Mongolian culture.
- Tips and tricks for telling stories with our images.
- How Mongolia has changed over the past decade.
- Kevin's approach to making images within a different culture.
- Mongolian Eagle Hunters - their history and why they exist.
- And a lot more!
Other topics/links discussed on the podcast this week:
- Support the podcast on Patreon.
- The Natural Landscape Photography Awards.
- Workshops with Kevin Pepper.
- The Eagle Huntress movie.
- Kevin Pepper on Instagram.
- Watch podcast episodes on YouTube, where we overlay photos with our conversation via video.
Here is who Kevin recommended on the podcast this week:
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. We also have an Instagram page, a Facebook Page, and a Facebook Group - so don't be shy!
We also have a searchable transcript of every episode!
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
P.S. you can also support the podcast by purchasing items through our B+H affiliate link.
Scroll down to see more of Kevin's fantastic photography.