Pricing Your Photography Artwork and Services
How Much Should I Charge for My Photography?
One of the most frequent question I see other photographers asking is "how much should I charge for my services or prints?" Pricing your photography can be tricky, no matter what genre of photography you are engaged with. As such, it was awesome to have a conversation with this week's guest on Episode 305 of the F-Stop Collaborate and Listen podcast.
This week I had a blast speaking with Walid Azami. Walid is a photographer and commercial director living in Los Angeles and originally from Kabul, Afghanistan. He photographs celebrities, commercial products, and a lot more while offering his services as a coach and mentor to other photographers relating to business practices and pricing.
On this week's episode, we discuss:
- Similarities between landscape photography and other genres as it relates to pricing and monetization.
- The biggest mistakes photographers make in relation to pricing their photography.
- Determining when monetization is worth pursuing.
- Strategies for pricing your artwork and services.
- Dealing with customers that low-ball you.
- How to differentiate yourself as a photographer in the crowded marketplace we find ourselves in.
- Advice for how to start thinking monetization of your work.
- And a lot more!
Other topics/links discussed on the podcast this week:
- Support the podcast on Patreon.
- AirBnB Experiences.
- Walid's Course.
- Walid's website for photographers.
- Walid on YouTube.
Here is who Walid recommended on the podcast this week:
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. We also have an Instagram page, a Facebook Page, and a Facebook Group - so don't be shy!
We also have a searchable transcript of every episode!
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
P.S. you can also support the podcast by purchasing items through our B+H affiliate link.
Scroll down to see more of Walid's photography.