Welcome to Episode 152 of the F-Stop Collaborate and Listen podcast.
This week's episode features someone that has been photographing the landscape for over 30 years. He comes from the professional commercial space and now enjoys his time as a part-time professional fully employed in the IT world. I'd like to introduce you to Scott Walton.
We had a fun conversation this week and covered a variety of topics, including:
- Fun stories about photographing some celebrities including President Clinton, Vice President Al Gore, and Dolly Parton.
- Choosing to photograph close to home vs. going on epic adventures to exotic locations.
- Finding an audience for your photography, including:
- Why he has not chosen to pursue a career as a full-time photographer.
- A heartfelt story about how his photography changed the life of his friend.
Over on Patreon this week, join Scott and I for a conversation about how he has leveraged photography workshops over the years to develop meaningful relationships with other photographers.
Please consider supporting the podcast on Patreon! There's a ton of bonus content over there for subscribers!
Here are the photographers Scott recommended for the podcast:
1. Huntington Witherill.
3. Laurent Martres.
4. Anne Larsen.
5. Alan Brock.
Other items mentioned on the show:
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. Join the discussion over on Nature Photographer's Network! We have weekly discussions about each episode of the podcast. It's also free! We also have an Instagram page and a Facebook page for updates.
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
As a reminder, you can also support the podcast by shopping at B+H for your photography gear using our Affiliate Link.
Please find a transcript of today's podcast episode below: