Nature Photography can be a powerful tool for self-expression, self-discovery, and personal transformation. The keys to leveraging this visual communication medium for these purposes can be elusive, but once they are tapped into fully, the impacts can be quite fruitful!
On today's episode, I had the pleasure of speaking with Astrid Preisz, a phenomenal photographer from Austria. Astrid has some of the most creative and mind-bending images I've seen and so it was great to get to know her through the podcast and get to learn what her approaches are to making her exceptional images. In this episode, you'll learn how her approach to photography has set her on a path of self-expression that has completely transformed her as a person.
On this week's episode, we discuss:
- Astrid's journey into nature photography starting in 2015.
- How photography has aided her in finding a path for self-expression which has allowed her to shed her emotional armor.
- How we can encourage other photographers to place less pressure on themselves to perform and why that approach can help us.
- Pitfalls for visual communication and overcoming them.
- The concept of play and how it makes us better creatives.
- Defining our work as photographers.
- And a lot more!
If you enjoyed our chat, you can catch a bonus episode on Patreon where Astrid and I discuss our approaches to focusing on experiences instead of results.
Other topics/links discussed on the podcast this week:
- Support the podcast on Patreon.
- The Natural Landscape Photography Awards.
- Astrid on Instagram.
- Watch podcast episodes on YouTube, where we overlay photos with our conversation via video.
Here is who Astrid recommended on the podcast this week:
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. We also have an Instagram page, a Facebook Page, and a Facebook Group - so don't be shy!
We also have a searchable transcript of every episode!
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
P.S. you can also support the podcast by purchasing items through our B+H affiliate link.
Scroll down to see more of Astrid's wonderful photography.