Including the Hand of Man in Our Landscape Photographs
Including man-made objects in our landscape photographs is sometimes quite challenging! I personally find it to be one of the hardest things to do well in this genre of photography; however, today's guest on my podcast, Michael Blanchette, has mastered it.
On this week's episode, we discuss:
- How Michael transitioned from his career in software engineering to landscape photography.
- Michael's proclivity for including "the hand of man" in his landscape photographs.
- Michael's approach for including man-made objects in his photographs.
- What Michael loves most about landscape photography.
- Michael's approaches to planning his photography shoots.
- The tools that Michael uses to maximize his success as a photographer.
- The pros and cons of social media and how it has changed over the years for Michael.
- Michael's thoughts on compositing.
- And a lot more!
Other topics/links discussed on the podcast this week:
- Support the podcast on Patreon.
- The Natural Landscape Photography Awards.
- Nature Photographer's Network - get 10% off using the code "FSTOP10".
- Watch podcast episodes on YouTube, where we overlay photos with our conversation via video.
Here is who Mike recommended on the podcast this week:
- Betty Wiley.
- Tom Mackie.
- Jeremy Noyes.
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. We also have an Instagram page, a Facebook Page, and a Facebook Group - so don't be shy!
We also have a searchable transcript of every episode!
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
P.S. you can also support the podcast by purchasing items through our B+H affiliate link.
Scroll down to see more of Mike's fantastic photography.