Learning about other subjects such as philosophy, psychology, economics, and geology can all make you a better photographer and also a better businessperson in your photography. I'm a strong advocate for cross-disciplinary study to make yourself a more well-rounded person, which I think makes you a better photographer.
As such, this week on the podcast I'm happy to introduce you to Radomir Jakubowski, a German landscape, nature, and wildlife photographer. Radomir has a huge collection of awesome images in his portfolio and lots of interesting ways to think about the world that I think may help you in your journey as a photographer.
On this week's episode, we discuss:
- Radomir's journey as a photographer,
- How studying other subjects can benefit your photography,
- How Radomir approached competitions early on in his career as a photographer,
- How Radomir thinks like an economist to improve his photography and photography business,
- Being a brand ambassador - how / why / what makes sense,
- Why and how Radomir uses his images to protect Europe,
- And a lot more!
Other topics/links discussed on the podcast this week:
If you enjoyed our chat, you can join us for a bonus episode on Patreon where we discuss ideas to making more evocative images for your portfolio.
Here is who Radomir recommended on the podcast this week:
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. We also have an Instagram page, a Facebook Page, and a Facebook Group - so don't be shy!
We also have a searchable transcript of every episode!
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
P.S. you can also support the podcast by purchasing items through our B+H affiliate link.
Scroll down to see more of Radomir's excellent work!