Welcome to Episode 121 of the F-Stop Collaborate and Listen podcast. This week's episode features a photographer living in Bozeman, Montana, Travis Andersen. I met up with Travis in person in his shop to talk all about, well, shop!Travis owns his own print lab called White Creek Art and does a knock out job of creating and printing ski posters for resorts all over the country. Travis and I covered a lot of fun ground this week, including:
- His journey as a landscape photographer and print lab owner.
- Ski photography.
- Panorama photography.
- A crazy story about how he started his own printing business.
- Breathing Color paper products for Epson printers.
- Attachment to our favorite images and how they are so hard to sell!
- Photographing with the intent to sell.
- Being a photographer as a busy family man... and lots more!
Over on Patreon, Travis and I shared stories from Yellowstone National Park and he shares an absolutely insane story about a Grizzly Bear attack!
Please consider supporting the podcast on Patreon! There's a ton of bonus content over there for subscribers!
If you're a listener and have not yet made a pledge, there's more reasons to pledge now than ever. We have over 80 bonus episodes over on Patreon for anyone supporting the show at the $5/mo level.
Additionally, Patrons of the podcast are encouraged to participate in our themed photo contests by submitting them to the "community board" on our Patreon Page. The current theme, which ends on August 30th, is "Nemesis." I know we all have our own photo nemesis, whether it be a scene we have shot a thousand times that never had good light, or something else. Let's see those awesome shots over on our community board!
Here are the photographers that Travis recommended for the podcast:
1. Ryan Turner.
2. Kene Sperry.
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. Join the discussion over on Nature Photographer's Network! We have weekly discussions about each episode of the podcast. It's also free! We also have an Instagram page and a Facebook page for updates.
Let's talk about who is coming up on the podcast! I am really excited to announce some of our upcoming guests and episodes. It should be a really good fall!
- First up, we have Wayne Suggs from New Mexico - we're going to be talking all about his efforts to work with the Department of Interior on protecting some of New Mexico's most awesome places.
- Next, we have Christian Heeb, a Swiss photographing living in the United States.
- We also have Alister Benn from Scotland coming onto the show which should be incredible!
- We also have Tim Parkin from ON Landscape magazine making an appearance, I'm looking forward to that one...
- And also have Franka Gabler - a photographer from Croatia living in California.
- I'm working on several others as well, so it will surely be a good year for us.
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
As a reminder, you can also support the podcast by shopping at B+H for your photography gear using our Affiliate Link.