Great photographs are hiding in plain sight everywhere. Often, we limit ourselves to only making photographs of the literal or obvious; however, there are techniques that exist such as Intentional Camera Movement (ICM) that can help us uncover more while invigorating our photographic journey. Today's guest on the F-Stop Collaborate and Listen Podcast, Kaisa Siren, is a photojournalist by day and an ICM expert as her passion. We explore how ICM can help photographers "Visualize the Unseen."
On this week's episode, we discuss:
- How Kaisa got into photography.
- What it is like being a photographer at the arctic circle.
- Kaisa's freelance journalism.
- Intentional Camera Movement (ICM) techniques.
- Comparing and contrasting ICM with photojournalism.
- How to make better ICM images.
- And a lot more!
Other topics/links discussed on the podcast this week:
- Support the podcast on Patreon.
- Join me on Nature Photographer's Network and use the code FSTOP10 for a 10% discount.
- ICM Photo Magazine.
- ICM PhotoMag Network.
- My article in NPN.
- Watch podcast episodes on YouTube, where we overlay photos with our conversation via video.
Here is who Kaisa recommended on the podcast this week:
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. We also have an Instagram page, a Facebook Page, and a Facebook Group - so don't be shy!
We also have a searchable transcript of every episode!
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
P.S. you can also support the podcast by purchasing items through our B+H affiliate link.
Scroll down to see more of Kaisa's photography.