Welcome to episode 160 of the F-Stop Collaborate and Listen podcast.
This week features a very special panel conversation with some amazing landscape photographers. In this week's episode, we explore gender issues in the landscape photography industry from the perspective of our fabulous panel of women, including:
- Sandra Bartocha
- Viktoria Haack
- Jessie Johnson
- Dani Lefrançois
- Sarah Marino
- Anna Morgan
- Varina Patel
- Jennifer Renwick
Various topics that we covered include:
- Balancing photography and family
- Pursuing a career in landscape or nature photography as a woman
- Spending time in nature alone
- Representation of women in the landscape photography industry
- Advice for other women that wish to pursue landscape and nature photography
- Positive changes in the landscape photography industry for women
- ... and much, much more
Over on Patreon this week, the panel playfully tackles the subject of man-splaining as it relates to landscape photography and how our panelists handle those moments in the field. Be sure to stick around to the end to hear about various special offers and upcoming events that our awesome guests would like you to know about. Let's support them as best as we can!
I hope you enjoy our conversation!
Please consider supporting the podcast on Patreon! There's a ton of bonus content over there for subscribers!
As promised, here are some ways to support our guests.
- Varina Patel is currently running a spring sale over on Visual Wilderness - you can get deals on tutorials on Focus & Sharpness, Bracketing & Blending, Light & Colors and Macro & Night Photography. Just go to visualwilderness.com/special-offer
- Dani Lefrançois is running two upcoming workshops - one is a fall color tour of the Canadian Rockies in September 2020 and the other is a tour of Newfoundland in May 2021. Check out the show notes for links to both of those offers.
- Viktoria Haack is teaching a business of photography course; you can get $50 off by using the code VICTORIAHAACK
- Sandra Bartocha has a new book entitled Lys - an Intimate Journey to the North which looks really fantastic.
- Sarah Marino has since launched a YouTube Channel which looks to be quite promising. She's showcasing her techniques for composing smaller, more intimate scenes.
- Lastly, Jennifer Renwick and her partner David Kingham have been releasing some great webinars on YouTube for photographers through their website Nature Photographer's Network. Check out the show notes for links to all these and a lot more!
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. Join the discussion over on Nature Photographer's Network! We have weekly discussions about each episode of the podcast. It's also free! We also have an Instagram page and a Facebook page for updates.
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
As a reminder, you can also support the podcast by shopping at B+H for your photography gear using our Affiliate Link.
See a transcript of the show below: