Private Photography Workshops
I host private workshops and photography tours in Colorado and New Mexico. I specialize in unique landscape photography and night photography. Even though group workshops are extremely fun and satisfying for some photographers, the best way to learn and discover new locations is in a 1:1 environment. Having less people around you with no interruptions helps you get comfortable with camera operation and composition and it also allows us to explore more techniques and locations.
On my private workshops, you can expect to learn a lot, including but not limited to:
- Camera techniques
- The exposure triangle
- Expert night photography techniques including star trails, how to focus your lens at night, and more
- Post-processing advice
- Discovering your vision
- Panorama photography
- Depth of field
- Use of phone apps to maximize your success and enhance your creativity
- Wilderness navigation
- Landmark identification (I'm a mountain nerd)
- Pro backpacking tips
- Leave No Trace practices
- Social media and business discussion
- Time-lapse photography
- lots more
Obviously, if you don't need or want instruction on any of the above, that works too!
Each private workshop is custom-tailored to meet your needs and to maximize your learning and experience.
Join me for a customized workshop adventure today! Send me an e-mail to inquire about availability.
What you will need
- A good sense of humor.
- A willingness to learn.
- If you want to go into the backcountry, you will need to be in good physical condition (e-mail me if you have questions).
- A DSLR or Mirrorless Camera that can perform in Manual (M) Mode and user manual.
- At least 2 fully charged camera batteries and 32GBs of memory card storage.
- A wide angle lens that is at least 24mm with an aperture of f/2.8 or faster is recommended but not required. I can also teach you how to use your longer prime lenses.
- Shutter Release or Intervalometer (Please email me camera make/model if you need help finding one).
- Warm synthetic clothing with layers.
- A rain coat.
- Warm gloves.
- Food and snacks.
- If you want to backpack - we will need to discuss specific needs for the trip you have in mind.
I am an adventurer at heart and love to explore new locations. For the best experience, we may want to stick to some of the areas I am most familiar with; however, if you're adventurous and want to explore with me, we can make it work. I have the tools to make it enjoyable and successful. Here is a list of some of my favorite locations that I can assist you in exploring and photographing:
- 14ers, 13ers, and other high places in Colorado. I have climbed all of the 14ers and the highest 100 mountains in Colorado.
- Southwest Colorado
- San Juan Mountains of Colorado
- Elk Mountains of Colorado
- The Weminuche
- Bisti Badlands of New Mexico
$999/day which includes sunrise, sunset and night photography.
$499/night for sunset and/or Night Photography. (up to 5 hours in the field).
Discount available for multiple day / participants (maybe you have a best friend or want to bring your wife or husband). Travel costs such as accommodation, food, and gas are not included; however, we can coordinate transportation and/or accommodations to reduce your expenses.